Noor Islamic Cultural Center (NICC), also known as (The Center) is a facility owned
and operated by American Islamic Waqf (AIW), a charitable non-profit religious organization
as per section 501-(C)-3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. NICC was opened for
service in September 2006. It was designed and built to host many activities to
serve the Muslim community and the community at large.
Since its inception in 1998, AIW, via a foundation style management structure, has
been governed by a Board of Directors that manages and administers the organization
according to the provisions of its bylaws. All activities and functions at any AIW
facilities, off-site functions or events are approved by the Board of Directors
of AIW and may be held and administered by paid staff or volunteers. All members
of the Board of Directors are unpaid for their duties.
The NICC facility is intended to be a platform for community service, a stage to
display, share and promote Islamic family values, high morals, good citizenship
and helping the needy. Our Organization has been founded on the premise of partnership
with all those Muslims and Non-Muslims who wish to contribute to the benefit of
a good and healthy society.
The Muslims in the Greater Columbus area are of multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and
multi-lingual background. This diverse community of many nationalities and races
is united by its common goal to be a good Muslim and a good parent and citizen.
The Cultural component of the Center is about celebrating the multi ethnic cultural
heritage that is continuously is on display at the center.
Our mission is to:
- Empower and enable the local Muslims, of all backgrounds to reach their true and
full potential and play an active positive role in building stable, cohesive and
successful community in central Ohio and in the United States of America.
- Celebrate the cultural heritage of the local Muslim community in Central Ohio
and to create a sense of ownership and belonging which cultivates understanding,
harmony, and mutual respect. Such is accomplished by facilitating and providing
a wide range of services for our diverse community under one roof.
Our Aims and Objectives are:
- To promote the principles of Islam based on the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the
Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) as understood by main-stream Muslims.
- To develop operate and/or promote the development/operation of Islamic cultural
institutions including but not limited to, Schools, Relief organizations, Universities,
Hospitals, Broadcast Stations, Community Centers, Cultural Centers, museums, Mosques,
Cemeteries, and other institutions that serve the Muslim community in the United
- To promote all forms of education about the Islamic culture and the Islamic way
- To facilitate humanitarian relief efforts for people of all faiths.
- To provide Islamic services and counseling to the needy and to the disadvantaged
- To promote unity among Muslims.
- To foster a better understanding among Muslims, other Muslim Institutions and communities
of other faiths.
- To serve the needs of all the sectors of the Muslim community (adults, youth, men,
- To solicit donations for, and to employ the funds of the donors to implement and
the organization’s mission and aims/objectives.
- To adopt and execute such activities as may be lawful in order to accomplish the
said purposes of AIW.
" (Always) say:' O, My Lord, increase my knowledge."
The Holy Quran, 20:114