Noor Islamic Cultural Center (NICC), also known as (The Center) is a facility owned and operated by American Islamic Waqf (AIW), a charitable non-profit religious organization as per section 501-(C)-3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. NICC was opened for service in September 2006. It was designed and built to host many activities to serve the Muslim community and the community at large.
Since its inception in 1998, AIW, via a foundation style management structure, has been governed by a Board of Directors that manages and administers the organization according to the provisions of its bylaws. All activities and functions at any AIW facilities, off-site functions or events are approved by the Board of Directors of AIW and may be held and administered by paid staff or volunteers. All members of the Board of Directors are unpaid for their duties.
The NICC facility is intended to be a platform for community service, a stage to display, share and promote Islamic family values, high morals, good citizenship and helping the needy. Our Organization has been founded on the premise of partnership with all those Muslims and Non-Muslims who wish to contribute to the benefit of a good and healthy society.
The Muslims in the Greater Columbus area are of multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-lingual background. This diverse community of many nationalities and races is united by its common goal to be a good Muslim and a good parent and citizen. The Cultural component of the Center is about celebrating the multi ethnic cultural heritage that is continuously is on display at the center.
Our mission is to:
- Empower and enable the local Muslims, of all backgrounds to reach their true and full potential and play an active positive role in building stable, cohesive and successful community in central Ohio and in the United States of America.
- Celebrate the cultural heritage of the local Muslim community in Central Ohio and to create a sense of ownership and belonging which cultivates understanding, harmony, and mutual respect. Such is accomplished by facilitating and providing a wide range of services for our diverse community under one roof.
Aims & Objectives
- To promote the principles of Islam based on the Holy Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) as understood by main-stream Muslims.
- To develop operate and/or promote the development/operation of Islamic cultural institutions including but not limited to, Schools, Relief organizations, Universities, Hospitals, Broadcast Stations, Community Centers, Cultural Centers, museums, Mosques, Cemeteries, and other institutions that serve the Muslim community in the United States.
- To promote all forms of education about the Islamic culture and the Islamic way of life.
- To facilitate humanitarian relief efforts for people of all faiths.
- To provide Islamic services and counseling to the needy and to the disadvantaged individuals.
- To promote unity among Muslims.
- To foster a better understanding among Muslims, other Muslim Institutions and communities of other faiths.
- To serve the needs of all the sectors of the Muslim community (adults, youth, men, and women).
- To solicit donations for, and to employ the funds of the donors to implement and the organization’s mission and aims/objectives.
- To adopt and execute such activities as may be lawful in order to accomplish the said purposes of AIW.
of the day
Narrated Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu):
I heard Allah's Apostle (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) saying. 'Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred parts and kept ninety-nine parts of it with Him and sent down one part on earth. And because of that, its one single part, His creations are Merciful to each other, so much so that an animal lifts its hoof away from its young lest it should hurt it.