Proposed NOOR Community Center
The Noor Islamic Cultural Center would like community feedback for a proposed expansion to the existing building. While the current building serves its function well, there are a number of contributing factors that suggest a need to expand the facility. The below sections outline an initial conceptual plan along with some important reasons why an expansion would benefit the community now.
The conceptual plan of the expansion is described below. It is important to realize that this is a very early plan so that the community can visualize what is being proposed.
Fly-By Animation of proposed expansion
- Three Levels
- ~22,000 Square Feet
- A Gymnasium and Accessories
- Additional Class Rooms
- Multi Purpose / Banquet Hall
- Administrative Offices
- Storage Area
- Added to the south of the current building
Click on an image below to see a larger size
It is important to note that expansion of the current facilities is not necessarily intended to address a growth in population, but rather to address key needs.
- Youth involvement - A key concern amongst community members and parents is that while NICC helps engage young children and adults through various programs, there is a dire need to address engagement by young adults (middle/high school and college age). After a certain age, the regular engagement of this age group falls signficantly at NICC. In addition to offering better programs, an initial belief is that a community center would help engage our youth in ways we cannot do today.
- Class room space - Our weekend schools have had success educating children about Islam. However, the number of classrooms currently available significanty limit how many grades the schools can offer. In addition, many grades are now starting to fill to capacity. While the schools cope with this currently by splitting the programs into two separate timings (morning and afternoon), we are reaching a hard capacity limit that an expansion would help address.
- Larger meeting/banquet facilities - The proposed exansion would include better facilities to host large gatherings including conferences, banquets, and more classrooms.
What can you do
The most important action you can take today is to provide feedback to assess if the community not only believes in this project, but believes we need it now. Without initial support, the project will not proceed, so it is vital that the community can offer their opinions via two (2) mechanisms:
- At NICC, fill out a feedback form next the display board describing the project
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following in the email:
Subject : NICC Expansion
In the body, indicate whether you Support or Do not support this project and provide comments regarding your thoughts
Ibn' Abbas said:" The Prophet (Muhammad) was the most generous of people, but he would be his most generous during Ramadan"
Narrated by Sahih Al-Bukhari