Revised Plan for re-opening the Center
Assalamu ‘Alaikum Dear NICC community,
After consultation with public health/healthcare professionals, our Imam, and reviewing the new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Ohio Department of Health and the local health department, we have made the following changes regarding services at our Center starting June 10, 2021.
We know masks are no longer required at many businesses and that many people may not want to wear masks, we are asking that the community recognize that many of our members are still not vaccinated such that wearing a mask is protecting them and our vulnerable brothers and sisters.
The Phase III plan is designed to protect all our congregants, especially those who are not yet fully vaccinated, and takes into account the difficulties with verifying the vaccination status of our congregants.
We recognize that this is not and cannot be a one-size-fits-all approach. We ask for your patience and du’a as we continue to change, adapt and navigate through this pandemic.
Phase III Guidelines and Safety Measures:
- Masks are still required at all times while your at the Center;
- Removal of social distancing;
- Additional activities at the Center will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis;
- Janaazah prayer is allowed
Precautions will continue to be followed:
- All attendees must bring their own face masks or face coverings and are required to wear them at all times during the prayer service and while inside the Center;
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to come with wudhu;
- We recommend that kids under 12 should not come as they are not being vaccinated yet, however, if you decide to bring them, then it is the parents’ responsibility that they stay with them at all times; NO Cars seats or Strollers allowed in the Center during the prayers;
- For those who are not comfortable praying without the social distance or in the process of getting their vaccines, a room (one each for Brothers & Sisters) has been designated for them;
- Anyone with COVID-19-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose) within the last 2 weeks or exposure to COVID-19 positive individuals should not attend services at the Center;
- Please use alternatives to shaking hands;
- The Center is still closed for any food-related events;
To ensure your safety and the safety of your brothers and sisters around you, all rules will be strictly enforced without exception. We ask that you help us implement Phase III and join us in making du’a that it is successful and that Allah SWT continues to protect our community.